Friday, May 1, 2015

2015-04-27 - Monday - New lenses

On Sunday I received a new clip-on lens set for my cell phone that I ordered from Amazon. Yes, I said it was delivered by the USPS on Sunday. When I saw the estimated delivery date on the tracking screen I thought there must be some mistake, but when I refreshed the screen on Sunday afternoon it said it was delivered to the front porch at 11:17 am. I went to check, and sure enough, there it was. Who knew?

I had ordered some other items and added the lenses to the order as they were only $6.99. I figured for $7 how wrong could I go?

There are two lenses: a macro, and a 0.67x wide angle. The macro does a pretty good job as you can see below from photos of my fingerprints. It only achieves focus in the center of the field, but hey, it's  a $7 clip-on.

When you attach the wide angle to the macro you get a wider field. In this case, it makes the monitor look distorted like a fish lens since it's so close. I'll have to try it out in an open area. As you can see, there is some rounding of the photo edges due to the shape of the lens clipped over the camera lens, but once again for $7 I'm not going to get upset about it. Out of the two, I can see more use for the macro lens. We'll see.


My fingerprint.

When did I get so old?

Wide angle.

Assembled.

Disassembled.



.

No comments: