Monday, September 17, 2018

2018-02-26 - Monday - Josh Copus workshop

This might actually be the furthest behind I've ever been on this blog. Major catch-up. I hope I'm up to date by the holidays...

Monday I attended the Josh Copus workshop at Queens University. I really like Josh's work and his philosophy and his energy. This man has an unending supply. It's great to be around that positive attitude whenever possible. He's also a great story teller and I love good stories.

During the workshop he showed us the brick factory. He made waterstruck bricks and asked people to decorate them for a project he's doing. We all had a chance to make some bricks and decorate some others.

He also brought the wild clay petting zoo. He has samples of ~10 wild clays with a fired bowl made from each. Though he made each bowl from the same amount of clay, they are all different sizes due to the material's properties. One of my favorites is called "butterfat". It's fascinating but not very structural.

He also worked on one of his large sculptural pieces.

Good times.

Josh with his brick mold.

Bricks are waterstruck.

Participants participating.

A sign his nephew(?) made.

Throwing the base for one of his sculpture pieces.

Denny Gerwin working on some bricks.

The decorated bricks.

Mine.



A view of the table.



.

No comments: