Saturday, September 24, 2016

2016-08-07 - Sunday - End of the cruise

Sunday we got off the ship and headed home, but not before standing in long lines at customs. That's always fun.

We took our bus back to our car and headed north from Port Canaveral. It's about a nine-hour trip and we were glad to be home at the end of it.

My final thoughts on the trip were that I would not do a Caribbean cruise again. I am not a sun-worshipper like the folks partying on the deck, and I don't have too much to do on the islands. I would love to have tried some snorkeling, but the ulcer on my foot was acting up again and I couldn't do it.

The standouts for me about St. Thomas and St. Maarten/St. Martin were the iguanas and the bus tour, respectively.

I enjoyed the food and entertainment on the ship, but the best part of every day was sitting down with my family and in-laws at one large table and enjoying each others' company while eating.

Just like we do in PA and at the NJ shore.

Bon voyage.

No comments: