Friday, March 13, 2015

2015-03-10 - Tuesday - Plants

A while back I planted the stump of a head of romaine lettuce and it took off. I think it bolted since it went all straggly and never became a head. Oh well.





When I took the trash out the that night I again noticed the daffodils in bloom and decided to see if I could capture them in low light with my phone. The streetlight across the street was providing some light but I wasn't sure if it was enough.

In each pair of photos below the first one is the actual photo and the second one is after clicking the "I'm feeling lucky" button in Picasa. The button tries to make the best of whatever you give it, no matter how horrible the original photo is.

I really love my shadow in the first group as it looks like it was badly photoshopped in after the fact. I assure you, it was a valid part of the original photo. It makes me think of someone standing up in a movie theater taking snapshots.

While I submitted fairly awful photos to the tool, I think it really made new art out of my lighting disasters. 

Photos are fun.













.

No comments: