Saturday, August 23, 2014

2014-08-14 - Thursday - Long walk & scooter rides

Thursday morning I woke up early and went for a long walk.  First I went to the lake where I saw some large carp feeding near the bank, some turtles, and some minnows in about a 15 foot section of the bank.  Apparently the lake is full of life.  From there I went to the beach again to see what was happening there.  Some fishermen were surf casting but I didn't see them pull anything out.

In the afternoon Stephanie, Justin, and I went to check out scooter rentals.  Stephanie and I rented a "coupe" which is a three-wheeled plastic vehicle built with a scooter engine and Justin rented a scooter.  When we got back to the house we asked my father-in-law if he wanted to take a ride.  He RAN to the coupe and hopped in.  To say he had a blast would be an understatement.  Justin followed us and we took him down to the main street for a frozen custard cone.

When we came back I took Karen out for a spin and then it was time to take it back so we didn't have to pay for another hour.













.

No comments: