Saturday, August 31, 2013

August 9 - Friday - Flounder Fishing

Friday we went flounder fishing on a head boat.

We were once again reminded why it's called fishing, not catching.

I caught a net bag for washing lingerie and Meredith caught the largest rock that Heather, the first mate, said was ever hauled aboard.  We threw the rock back with a loud "kerplunk" and Heather threw the net bag in the trash.  Justin caught several small flounder, but none of them keepers.  In fact, nobody on the boat caught a keeper in four hours of fishing.  There wasn't much action at all, not even junk fish.  Someone caught one sea robin, but that was about it.

I hate to say it, but we have much more action fishing in the bay in NJ than we had in the Chesapeake.  I really thought it would be the other way around.

Since we had no fish to take photos of I got some pictures of the wild ponies foraging on Assateague Island.



Overall, we had a nice time in Rehoboth.  Karen and I would like to return some day to enjoy it again.  I'm not sure the rest of the family feels the same way.  We'll see what the future holds.

In other Rehoboth news, on the morning we were leaving Karen took a spill on the sidewalk and broke her right arm.  She was hurrying to meet us for breakfast at a small diner and tripped over a paving stone.

We spent a couple of hours in the E.R. and found out she had broken the radial head (the elbow-end of the radius bone in the forearm).  They don't put a cast on that break, just a sling for six weeks.  I know she hates needing help for everything, but I am glad I can help her for a change.


.


No comments: